Saturday, March 3, 2007

Tweedle Bugs



When I was little I was obsessed with the Tweedle Bugs who lived in Ernie's window box. I think it was all about their miniature world and the window box itself. I grew up very secluded in the woods and did not ever have any firsthand experience with the micro-nature of windowboxes...

Then over twenty years later, I move to Brooklyn and start working in a great plant nursery (in Caroll Gardens). One of my major jobs at the nursery is windowbox design! As an urban dweller, this can be your only link to outdoor gardening! After many loft apartments in big reclaimed warehouse buildings, now we live in the second floor apartment of a cute townhouse in Clinton Hill, and I am very excited to create some window boxes for our front 3 windows!

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin. ~William Shakespeare

2 comments:

Tracey said...

What a terrific flashback! I grew up right outside of Queens, NY - so these little guys really spoke to me. I would stare, wide-eyed at the TV whenever they came on - soaking up every last detail. . .

mapmedia said...

nice!

I still know the tweedle bug 'family car, trip to zoo' skit and can do all the voices. ahhh...but there's never a dinner party or night out with the guys moment where sharing that would be appropriate.