Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Slow progress in the front yard

I added a few perennials to the home garden from the brewery garden, because I can enjoy them much more at home, and I think the brewery should be mainly annuals. So I transplanted a Caryopterus clandonensis 'Blue Mist', Achillea millefolium, a Perovskia and something I am guessing to be Sophora microphylla. The photo below shows the very bottom trunk of a dwarf cherry I rescued from the back yard at work, to the left Echinacea purpurea 'Razzmatazz' (an impulse buy at the nursery), the Sophora to the right and Geranium sanguineum var. striatum (a white blooming cranesbill).
A mystery plant also rescued from the backyard at work - a Viburnum?

This is the Achillea and a new purchase Callirhoe involucrata - Rose Mallow (attracts butterflies!)

This shot has the Caryopterus on the far left, a second hand sedum recycled from work (maybe from the same location as the viburnum?!?), a tender fern-leafed lavender and to the right behind that a little chartreuse Campanula

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you find out what that mystery plant is I'd love to know... One I care take for did the same... 2/3 die-back, buds that came close to opening and could they be little leaves?