Sunday, April 22, 2007

HAPPY EARTH DAY!

I was a little nervous to leave the bitty seedlings for the weekend, so I gave them lots of water and left the covers off...

These are basil, Japanese climbing cucumber and some different varieties of zinnia...

and here are some sunflowers in the foreground... Yes I am going to try to grow sunflowers on the roof top! Could be dangerous!


A little bulbous surprise in the front garden...

The front garden currently looks absolutely terrible enough for its "before" shot! Regard:

The landlord is renovating the lowest level, so those are some bags of the rubble. And one night, in the twilight hours, I was manic and started to hack back the sidewalk side of the privet hedge. I only got so far as the fence to the neighbors before the light gave out and I gave up to a potential blister on my thumb (no gloves!)